More Answers

This is another in a series of posts to answer the questions that Amanda Socci asked me at Write Nonfiction in November.  If you are a nonfiction writer, make sure you check out her nonfiction writing challenge taking place in November.

This post answers four questions that aren't long enough to devote a single post to each.

Have you ever gotten into a debate with any of your blog readers?  If so, how did you handle things?

To my memory, I've never really gotten into a debate on my blog.  There have certainly been a few discussions, but none of them have been disagreements or debates.  Rather, they have been more hashing out details or clarifying points.  I do remember one time someone posted a very short, negative comment.  It was clear the commenter was not looking to begin a dialogue but was trying to stir up trouble.  If the commenter had posted a question or had made a more thoughtful statement, I would have responded, but because it was merely an aggressive statement with purely negative intentions, I chose not to respond at all.


Do you envision yourself writing a book?  If so, what would the book be about?

I currently have a fiction book in progress.  It is a modernized adaptation of the book of Job.  It is slow going, but I hope to eventually have it published.

I also hope to write a nonfiction book of some sort, such as a Bible study or possibly a biography about someone in the Restoration Movement.  I have someone in mind, but I'm holding that one close to my chest for now.


Does your family agree with the substance of your blog message?

My husband agrees with me on the majority of what I write, and often, if I am writing something I feel less than confident about, he takes time to read it for me before I hit publish.

As for the rest of my family, I think that most of them would agree with the general premise of my blog, but I don't know how much further they would agree with me on specific points.  I recognize that there are likely several points of disagreement, but for the most part, that is speculation.  To my knowledge, very few of my family members read my blog, so I have not received feedback from them on what I have written here.


Have you or your writing been featured elsewhere?

I have been published twice in The Lookout, a weekly magazine for members of the independent Christian Churches.  I also had three short devotions published in The Secret Place.  It is a great feeling to get published, and I hope to do that more in the future.


Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

One Response to More Answers

  1. Hey there! Would you mind if I share your blog with my zynga group?
    There's a lot of folks that I think would really enjoy your
    content. Please let me know. Thank you

    Visit my page; Ultimate Herpes Protocol - -

    ReplyDelete

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.