The right one will show up when you least expect it (A-Z Blogging Challenge)



In college, I would say I was kind of a typical girl, especially at a Bible college.  I was hoping to graduate with a double major:  BBL (Bachelor of Biblical Literature) and MRS.

By the end of my fourth year, I realized that I had one year left (yes, I took five years to finish a four year degree) and there was no one on my radar, and as far as I knew, I was on no one else's.  I remember telling my boss that I no longer expected to marry someone from Ozark, but he reminded me that I shouldn't presume to know what is going to happen.

That time the next year, I was in the midst graduation and last minute planning for my wedding.

I met Adrian during finals week right about the same time I was "realizing" that I wasn't going to marry someone from Ozark.  We ended up working together that summer at our on campus job.  I invited him to help out with the youth group I worked with.  By the end of the summer, the current youth minister had moved on, so Adrian filled the position, and we were dating.

By Thanksgiving, we had set a date.

I graduated in May, and we were married in June.



I know it's kind of a cliche statement to say that you don't find love until you're no longer looking for it, but it is certainly what happened in my case.

Tell me about how you met your spouse!  Did it catch you by surprise?

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

One Response to The right one will show up when you least expect it (A-Z Blogging Challenge)

  1. Firstly, that is a terrible reason to think someone is a lesbian.


    Second, the average age of marriage in the US is 27.9 (according to Wikipedia). According to a CDC report, women have a 44% chance of being married by 25, a 68% chance of being married by 30, and a 78% chance of being married by 35. I realize that it's easier to look at from outside the situation, but it seems to me that plenty of people aren't getting married until their thirties.


    That being said, I imagine it is much harder to find suitable single people once you're out of college. Are you putting yourself in places you can meet the kind of guy you're looking for? Again, easier said than done, but it's something to think about.


    And lastly, I think that they shouldn't be "asking if you have a boyfriend". They should be satisfied to know when you tell them. It's rude, no matter what age you are. The same as asking a dating couple when they're going to get married or asking a married couple when they're going to have kids. It's none of their business until you make it their business.

    ReplyDelete

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.