Qof - (A-Z Blogging Challenge)



Because Q is one of the hardest letters to come up with a word for, I am going to use my Q post from the last time I did this challenge.  It fits my theme this year as well as it fits my theme from last time!

Qof is a letter in the Hebrew alphabet.

I took one semester of Hebrew in college.  I had taken two semesters of Greek before, so having to learn new letters was nothing new, but Hebrew is unique from other languages I have attempted before.

Hebrew is written from right to left instead of left to right.  In addition, the Hebrew language does not have any vowels.

IMGN TRNG T RED THS BLG WTH N VWLS.*

Eventually, vowel pointing was added.  Vowel pointing is a system of marks placed around the consonants that indicate the vowel sounds that should be pronounced.

I have a hard time using new languages, even though I can memorize vocabulary pretty easily.  I came out of the class with just enough knowledge to recognize some of the more common words, pronounce some of the easier words, and use a Hebrew dictionary.


What languages have you studied?  Are you fluent, or do you remember just enough to be dangerous?





*IMAGINE TRYING TO READ THIS BLOG WITH NO VOWELS.

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.