Wednesday Witness – Pat Bond




Welcome to Wednesday Witness!  Please read this week's testimony and be encouraged!  All comments on Wednesday Witness should be encouraging and uplifting.
Be sure to email me at kirraantrobus@gmail.com if you want to have your testimony featured for Wednesday Witness.

                                         Image: akeeris / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Running a guesthouse has been an interesting experience.

But when you add the Supernatural element it becomes an amazing lifestyle, with unexpected twists along the way, and delightful surprises.

The added Supernatural element is a living relationship with a Wonderful God who is my Father. My heart’s deepest desire is to know that God really loves me; that He knows my name, where I live and what I do. And He does show me in so many ways.

My only regret is that I haven’t kept documented evidence of the amazing coincidences that have happened over the past 20 years. I have to grab these incidents and put them on paper before they disappear . . . lest I forget. . . .

Hence this blog post.

The most recent incident was last week.

A couple booked in and happened to be our only guests for that night, so we invited them to enjoy the T.V. lounge, which they did, bringing their whiskey and water with them.

We were busy cooking our supper so got chatting about this and that -- something we don’t always get to do with guests that come through our guesthouse. Somehow the topic of conversation turned to Dar Es Salaam, where their daughter and family live, and . . . yes . . . where our son and daughter-in-law and family live.

The conversation became very animated and interesting to all parties, and we had a great time together discussing Dar.

Next morning at breakfast, Viv Cook, our newly acquainted friend, asked if we would like them to take up anything to Dar with them, as they would be going up at the end of July.

It just so happens that both my grand-daughters, turning 8 and 6, would be having birthdays in August, and I really did not know how to get gifts up to them. I could not believe my good fortune!

I rushed out to town and had great fun buying gifts for the two youngest darlings in my life and was able to give the package to Viv when they left the next day.

The joy it gave me was unspeakable – on two levels:  the practical level of being able to bless our precious grandchildren on their birthdays, but on a deeper level – the marvel of the coincidence, of the timing of the Cooks’ visit, that we should have the time and space to get to know them and strike up a friendship, and their generous offer to take up a parcel to Dar . . . not something most people would think of.

God works in mysterious ways, but just the assurance that He knows every detail of my life and cares to bless in unexpected ways warms my heart and brings tears to my eyes.

“We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love. . . .” 1 John 4:16 (NASB)
 
Pat Bond
















Posted in . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.