Wednesday Witness–Charlene Soto (part 1)




Welcome to Wednesday Witness!  Please read this week's testimony and be encouraged!  All comments on Wednesday Witness should be encouraging and uplifting.
Be sure to email me at kirraantrobus@gmail.com if you want to have your testimony featured for Wednesday Witness.

                                         Image: akeeris / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Half of Who I Am

As you know EVERY Christian has a story, everyone has a past; here's mine.

I grew up in the Gospel; however, I wasn't always a saint as I am today. But before I get into that, let me take you way back when I was 11 years old. At that age, I was diagnosed with Lupus.

Lupus is a very, very pointless autoimmune sickness in which the body's immune system becomes hyperactive and attacks normal, healthy tissue. This results in symptoms such as inflammation, swelling, and damage to joints, skin, kidneys, blood, the heart, and lungs.

Having Lupus at age 11 wasn't fun at all. The sun would mark my body up in a strange way; no sun, no fun. In the winter my joints would swell up so I had to be bundled up to the max, my hair would fall out a little and I would randomly get bipolar. Although all this sounds random, me being diagnosed with Lupus was a test of faith for my mother. God was preparing her for something big, she didn't know exactly what it was, but let me tell you, this was it. Because of Lupus--I had to go thru a kidney biopsy, 3 days in the hospital +  no food just liquids = nasty .

Lupus is very scary to have; it's a disease that women mostly get, and depending on the level it can lead to death.  Blessedly I was in stage one & I'm thankful my moms never showed any anger or sadness during this, all she did was PRAY. She went all out, too! She had people around the world literally praying for me. Until God made a way for me.

When I turned 12 I was at a "Back to School Youth Rally" at my church. I felt the need to be prayed over, so when I went up to the altar, God spoke to me through the person that was ministering. When the service was done I ran to my moms and told her "Mom, I'm going to be ok, Jesus healed me."

From there on my moms stopped giving me the medications. We went to the doctor; by God's grace they said I was clear and had no sign of Lupus. Doctors looked at my moms crazy because every time I visited the hospital she would always tell them, "She's healed in the name of Jesus," and that day proved it all.

So if you think that GOD doesn't listen to prayers, He does. God will never put you through a situation if He didn't think you could handle it. It's a test of faith, you either remain in God or leave His side. God does the impossible! GOD is NOT like HUMANS! God can do what man cannot! Doctors may not have the solution, but my God always does!

...God is able!

Glory be to God -- AMEN!
- Charlene Soto
You can find Charlene on Twitter @thebaddest_star

Come back next week for part two of Charlene’s testimony.

Posted in . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.