C - Cataracts



Most people think cataracts in the eyes are only symptoms of getting older.  Surprisingly, that is not always the case.  Several years ago, I found out that I had cataracts in both my eyes.

In January 2011, I had surgery on my left eye.  I was only 28 at the time.  

There are several different kinds of cataracts.  If you click here, you can get an idea of what my cataract looked like.  Under normal circumstances, the cataract was not visible in my eye, but with the right lighting, if a person was close enough, they could see it.  It almost looked like a little moon floating in the back of my eye.

I still need to have surgery on the right eye, but that will probably be in another few years.  The right eye has a different kind of cataract.  Instead of being directly in the middle of the lens, it is off to the side, so it is not visible. 

My younger sister had both of her eyes done a few years before I had mine.  My mother and my grandpa both had theirs done around forty.  Grandma had hers done last year.  Obviously, our cataracts are genetic.  

My husband has extremely good eyesight, and I am praying that between God's intervention and Adrian's good genes, our children will not have to deal with this problem as well.


Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.