Wednesday Witness - Laura Holleman




Welcome to Wednesday Witness!  Please read this week's testimony and be encouraged!  All comments on Wednesday Witness should be encouraging and uplifting. 


Be sure to email me at kirraantrobus@gmail.com if you want to have your testimony featured for Wednesday Witness.


                                         Image: akeeris / FreeDigitalPhotos.net




There are many times in life when circumstances cause me to question God’s care and provision. I am, in fact, in the midst of one of those times at the moment. But I can always look back at where I was and where I am now and I will remember that God does indeed care for me tenderly.


Several years ago I was a single mom of two barely teenaged children. My son is mentally disabled and we had been living with my parents for a while. That eventually proved to be too much of a burden for everyone involved and I felt that the time had come for me to move out to make life easier for my parents as they were nearing their late 60s. At that time, I had no car and very little income – I had about 10 paying music students (and several non-paying!)

Even though I couldn’t see how this move could possibly work, I felt that it was the right thing to do and did all that I could to trust God. I found a very inexpensive but decent place to live that would be available within a few weeks. I paid the deposit and rent, waited, and trusted. Before it was time to move, I was offered a part time position at a church preschool, where I taught for five years. A couple at my church desperately needed to sell their car. Someone – I will never know who – bought the car and gave it to me. They blessed two families with one car purchase! It was a small Chevrolet, standard shift, and it saw us through many trips to work, out of town doctor visits, and even a small vacation. My daughter learned to drive in that tiny car that had been such a blessing to us.

By the time school began, my music studio had picked up. I soon had forty paying students! When my income dropped in the summer, God provided extra money working in community theatre productions.

I was eventually hired as church organist and promoted to music director. I decided to go back to grad school and God provided a series of scholarships and fellowships to help make that possible. I finished school and had the opportunity to teach part time at a community college.

I’m now in a different music position, and changes in the economy have made life challenging for me. I sometimes wonder if I made the right decision to take this new position. Yet I feel that I was following God’s call and know that in due season God’s blessings will rain down on me. 

- Laura Holleman

Posted in . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.