Wednesday Witness - David Pompo


Welcome to Wednesday Witness!  Please read this week's testimony and be encouraged!  All comments on Wednesday Witness should be encouraging and uplifting. 

Be sure to email me at kirraantrobus@gmail.com if you want to have your testimony featured for Wednesday Witness.


                                         Image: akeeris / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

        A Testimony of a Life Transformation by Jesus Christ

        As the oldest of nine children, a lot was expected of me, and the attention that I received was understandably on the low side.  I learned that by getting good grades, I made people happy and got even more “freedom”.  All the freedom would prove to be bad, as I got into a lot of junk early.

        We were a catholic family, and I wanted to do well with God, too, and be a good catholic boy (get good grades there too).  In my later teen years, I really started failing in the spiritual grades.  No one knew that it bothered me, but it really did.  A wilder lifestyle didn’t seem to bother my catholic friends, and I didn’t get it.  So, at a catholic college I threw off all organized religion. But as I did, I did feel that God was real, out there somewhere. I felt the condemnation of being a sinner lift, and I liked it.

        I had no direction to go in spiritually, so it became all about me.  I was a closet humanist, but a strong one.  I developed a bad mouth and did as I pleased.

        Twelve years later, married with a family, things weren’t working out as planned.  Old weaknesses had reappeared as the pressures of life grew stronger.  I wanted a good marriage and family, but, for my part, I was destroying the dream. I tell people that on our twelfth divorce, I knew I needed help.  I had moved out of the house to a motel near the Air Base where I was stationed.

         Suddenly many new and exciting possibilities opened up for me, opposing the idea of getting help.  At one crucial moment when I was going to take my pleasure, I was stopped. My mind just changed right in front of me!  Soon after that I was asked to Bible study, and I asked my wife to go to church.  If you knew me then, you knew that I was the last person people thought would ever go to a Bible study or set foot in a church.  I just rode with the flow.

        In the next weeks, I had asked Jesus into my life to take over the mess I had made.  As I received God’s forgiveness, I felt a permanent, lasting peace.
                                                                                                                                                            
         Since then, there have been bumps in the road, but I have been into the Bible every day now for over 33 years.  I keep learning more, loving better, and experiencing more peace as time goes by. As
I look back at my mistakes, the pain I’ve caused, and the pain I've suffered; I see it all brought me to Jesus and God, my Father.  All the pain was worth it!  I thank the Lord for His great mercy for me.

-- David Pompo

Posted in . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.