An Interview, a Movie, and a Surprise!


Image courtesy of Stuart Miles / FreeDigitalPhotos.net



I have to say that this week was pretty normal for the most part, except for the times it was awesome.

Yesterday evening I had an interview for a part time job at the mall.  I'll tell you where, if I get it.  The interview was with the assistant manager, and she acted like it went really well, so I'm hoping to hear from the manager sometime this week.  That reminds me that I need to get a thank you note in the mail Monday morning!  

Whether at the place I interviewed last night or somewhere else, I'm hoping to work between 10-20 hours a week, between evenings and weekends shifts.  Having two jobs is going to be rough, but I'm looking forward to gaining a little more traction on getting medical bills and student loans paid off.  In the past couple years, we've paid off two credit cards, which is awesome, but we have a long way to go before we become debt free.  If you've worked a second job before, I would love to hear any tips you might have.


After my interview, my husband and I went to the drive-in to watch Man of Steel.  It has been quite a while since we've been to the drive-in, so it was a lot of fun, and the movie was great.


The most unexpected highlight of my week, though, was Thursday.  I received an email from one of my favorite authors.  I had commented on one of her blog posts several months ago, and now she is publishing a book based on that series of posts.  She asked if I would give permission for her to include my comment in her book.  Of course, I couldn't deny her that!  In a few months, I'll be receiving a signed copy of the book.  Once the book shows up on Amazon, I'll make sure to link to it so you can get a copy of it for yourself.




What were the highlights of your week?



Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.